Friday, March 23, 2012

March Surprise

You would think I would be used to it by now.  Yet the little miracles still take me by surprise. 

We have had a record breaking warm March week. It is like May and the earth is waking up.    I ignored the calendar and was raking our lawn this morning.  This is what greeted me.
Unexpected tulips popping up from the thick lavender that usually takes over the garden.  The thing is that I didn't plant these tulips.  We have been in this house for four years so they must have been planted by the former owners or, perhaps, some very organized squirrels.  Each "normal" spring the lavender grows dense quickly and the tulips just don't appear.  It is their time this year. They were just waiting for the right conditions to thrive.

I am not a religious person but I do have strong faith.  It seems to me to be a reminder that whatever is meant to happen, will happen, all in good time.  I like that idea.  I don't have to have it all figured out. Sure I can schedule, plot and plan all I like but some things unexpected will happen.  That's alright.  It may turn out to be a beautiful surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment