Thursday, January 13, 2011

Inspiration comes in many forms

I had lunch out yesterday. A mini-bus pulled up to the restaurant from a local seniors home. I am not proud to say that I watched with my prejudicial thoughts waiting to see just who would be coming off the bus. Would they be able to handle the spicy food here as they escape the cafeteria at the Lodge? Hell yes!


Out came eight, beautifully dressed women topped with stunning red and purple hats. It was the local Red Hats Society crew, sharing friendship and food on one of their many outings. These women ranged in age from perhaps 70 to 95 and they obviously put friendship high on their calendar of priorities. I should aspire to be half as outgoing as these women were.
On another note, I'm totally blog-blocked lately so do forgive me if I blither on, looking for inspiration as I attempt to write. With any luck my mind will return soon. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. my mom is a member of the red hat society both at home and in texas (where they spend their winters). i'll make sure to get you signed up when we are part of the blue haired clan.

    ReplyDelete