Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday Bliss

It is far from a perfect birthday day today.  My dearest husband had to go out of town through no fault of his own.  My daughter starts dance lessons tonight and I am chauffeur.  There are dishes and other delightful chores to be done by me.  I am also having a bad hair day and I weigh far more than I should. 

Luckily I have a wonderful friend in Allison who so kindly swept me away to Le Nordik Spa in Quebec to bliss our day away whilst the kidlets were in school.  Here is the pictorial evidence of this day. 

This was me before we headed out. (Note dark circles under spacey eyes and bad hair.) :

Sept 2010 020

And this is me after: (Coffee in hand, big relaxed smile, still bad hair but with that post-spa fluffiness.)

Sept 2010 024

And this is how I got that way: (Note angelic aura)

The Amazing Allison

And this is the lovely spa (photos from the website) where we dripped in saunas and dripped in pools and lounged in Muskoka chairs by wood fires, sipping green tea followed by a delicious lunch.  Really, does it get much better that that?

 

 

 

 

Happy birthday me.  I am a happy camper.

Oh!  And I got my toes done this week with some pretty little nail art on it.

Sept 2010 016

And a couple of my sunflowers which I had given up on, bloomed for me this week.

Sept 2010 015

 

I guess this means tomorrow will suck. Totally worth it.

 

2 comments:

  1. It's been a looooong time since anyone called me angelic. Happy birthday (if I was a REALLY good friend I would have taken Laura to dance).

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday pam! a day at the spa can make the world a better place. i love that place. hope today doesn't suck.

    ReplyDelete